This may seem old now, as we’re all pretty sure we know what a responsive website is. But for those who don’t, alas! Here’s a handy infographic explaining the principle.
What is a responsive website?
A website that can be viewed in response to the size of the screen or web browser one is viewing with.
Content should flow like water
The liquid becomes the bottle. The liquid becomes the screen.
Is it necessary?
- 80% of internet users own a smartphone.
- Google says 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead.
- Average smartphone conversion rates are up 64% compared to the average desktop conversion rates.
- Mobile will likely account for 50% of all digital ad spend in 2016 (worth $100B)
- Save time and cost on mobile development
- Improved Browsing Experience
- Consolidate your analytics and reporting
- Higher Conversion Rates
- Lower Bounce Rates
- Improved SEO – Google favours ‘mobile-friendliness’
Looking for more tips?
Jump on our mailing list & get digital goodness straight to your inbox; including helpful tips, tricks and the latest articles surrounding marketing, web design and branding.Sign up →