When it comes to your customers making a decision, Facebook holds great power in how that’s going to play out. v Local businesses can get the most of using reviews by integrating them into their websites. Let’s look at how to embed Facebook reviews onto your website…
Before we get cracking, don’t just take our word for it, check out these two key statistics:
- 71% of recent respondents say reviews from friends and family exert the single greatest influence on their buying decisions (Booz & Co., 2011).
- Over 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook, including 80 of comScore’s top 100 U.S. websites (Facebook).
Embedding a Facebook Review
You can embed reviews into pretty much any type of website, but in this instance, I’ll be doing it into WordPress (that’s what our site is built upon). If you’re not using WordPress, you can use Facebook’s embed code directly in your HTML.
- Go to your business page whilst logged into Facebook
- Jump to your reviews tab and pick out a review you want to embed
- Click the arrow located in the top-right of the review and select embed
- Copy the code snippet you get provided and paste that where you want to see the review
I’ll embed the code from that top review right here inside this post. To do that, I’ll need to switch to text mode in my post editor.
Once I’ve done that, I’ll paste in my snippet.
And that’s it. You should end up with the review in your post, like below.
If you wanted to, you could adjust the width of the embed too. When choosing embed within Facebook, click on advanced and you’ll be presented with a few extra options to customise your post.
If you need some help, feel free to sound off in the comments section below. If you want to know how to setup Facebook comments like below, read our easy guide on setting up Facebook Comments.
Looking for more tips?
Jump on our mailing list & get digital goodness straight to your inbox; including helpful tips, tricks and the latest articles surrounding marketing, web design and branding.Sign up →