Information we may collect about you
You are free to browse our website without disclosing any personal information to us.
When you access the site, or signup for downloads or newsletters, or contact us, or when you register with us, book events or purchase products from us, we may collect and process the following information:
1. Personal information about you that you provide when you contact us or register and shop with us. This includes your first and last name and title, your billing address, delivery address, your company details (if any) and contact information such as your telephone number and email address;
2. Information we may collect about your visits to our website and any emails or calls you make to us. We may monitor these for the purposes of quality control and to improve the service we offer. The technical data we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your browser and operating system details, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) details, events and products you viewed or searched for, webpage interaction information, browsing methods and any phone number or email address you use to contact us;
3. Information about you that we may receive from other sources. We work closely with business partners (including, for example, those providing technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them
We may obtain information about your general internet usage and the usage of our website by using a cookie file which is stored on your computer or smartphone. Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you, and some of the cookies we use are essential for our website to operate.
Security and the processing of your personal information
At WATB we understand that security is an important concern for you when purchasing on-line. Information you give us will be stored securely on our systems and we use sophisticated technology to ensure that all your personal and payment details remain confidential. We do not store payment card details and we use Stripe to handle payment transactions via secure payment pages. Stripe receives information about you from us needed to verify and authorise your payment, and is obliged to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and to keep all of your personal information private.
WATB complies with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation. Our security technologies and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that they are up to date and effective. For further verification look for the padlock symbol in your browser window as you proceed through the order and payment process.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from our website. Any transmission is at your own risk and you should ensure that any payment transactions you make are made in a secure environment. You should keep confidential any personal security codes and passwords, and comply with any instructions that we may give you in order to keep such details confidential and safe.
Using your information
We may use information about you in the following ways:
1. To improve our products, services and website, and ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner;
2. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and which we feel may interest you where you have asked or consented to be contacted for such purposes;
3. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
4. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
5. To notify you about changes to our products and services;
6. For our own market research purposes (for example to invite you to provide us with feedback on our products and services); and
7. To administer our site and for internal operations including trouble-shooting, security purposes, data analysis, testing and statistical survey purposes.
If you do not want us to use your personal or company contact data for our marketing purposes or to send you details about special offers or other information which we think may be of interest to you, please contact us to let us know, or use the unsubscribe facility in our communications.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if:
1. We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce our terms and conditions, or to protect our rights and property or our safety and that of our customers and third parties. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
2. If the business or assets of WATB Creative Limited are sold, in which case personal data about our customers may need to be disclosed to the buyer.
Your rights and control of your information
You have the right to, at any time:
1. Access the information we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request will be subject to a small fee (£10) to cover our costs;
2. Ask for your information to be corrected or updated;
3. Ask us to remove your information from our records; and
4. Tell us if you do not want us to use your information for our own direct marketing purposes. We never pass your personal data on to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
To do this, you can use the unsubscribe facility on any email you receive from us, or contact us via the Contact Us page on the website.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of our business partners and other third party sites of interest over which we have no direct control. If you follow a link to any of these websites, you will have left our site and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should check the sites carefully before you submit any personal data to them.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is WATB Creative Limited with registered company number 8920722 whose principal place of business is at 19, High Street, Nutfield, Surrey RH1 4HH United Kingdom.