We’re an award-winning digital agency that strives to create amazing products for our clients. We have a wonderful workspace set in an old Post Office that shares a courtyard, a cafe and a fitness centre. We believe our space is a great place for creativity and inspiration, perfect for the job at hand.
Let’s look at the actual role:
We are looking for a Front-End Developer with graphic design skills who is passionate about creating outstanding work. You’ll be responsible for converting designs and wireframes into static and WordPress websites. You’ll work with designers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. You will enjoy taking an active role on both sides of development and design, defining how the website looks as well as how it works.
You’re a creative developer who is passionate about crafting fantastic websites. A team player, comfortable working in small teams and liaising directly with clients.
We love keen, happy, intuitive people who can contribute their own ideas and can take ownership of projects while continuing to learn and develop themselves as individuals.
For this role, we also require you to have at least 3 years’ previous agency experience and an up to date, relevant portfolio.
- Turning designs into static and WordPress websites
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of designs
- Optimise websites for maximum speed and scalability
- Writing accessible, valid and clean code
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Updating and maintaining existing websites
- Assisting and supporting other developers
- Working closely with current and future clients
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility and design standards/practices
- Ability to interpret complex requirements and briefs
- Collaboration skills and ability to work in an agile team environment
- Ability to comfortably conduct meetings, pitch and liaise with clients
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML and CSS
- Fluent grasp of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS
- Good understanding of Gulp/Grunt Node.js based work flow
- Ability to build hand-coded WordPress Themes
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that websites will adhere to them.
10am start (Avoid rush hour)
Discount at the local cafe and shop
Discount at the fitness Centre, Yoga, Pilates and more
Job Type: Full-time
- Front-end Development: 3 years
Sound like you?
Looking for more tips?
Jump on our mailing list & get digital goodness straight to your inbox; including helpful tips, tricks and the latest articles surrounding marketing, web design and branding.Sign up →