Whoops! This is an older post – try this one: https://watb.co.uk/looking-front-end-developer/
WATB is an award-winning creative agency in Surrey. We’re a team of web design experts, brand specialists and creative problem solvers. Our approach is simple, if you succeed, we succeed.
We’re a forward thinking agency who have a thirst for knowledge, always encouraging each other to progress both personally and technically. You could say we’re a bit like a small family, we all look out for each other and we all help each other.
Based on the second floor of an old post office in Nutfied (now a café, shop and fitness academy) means we have some great perks at WATB. Everyone at WATB gets discount at the café, fitness academy and homeware shop. You’ll find a relaxed atmosphere, a close-knit team, a company always open to new ideas and new ways of thinking. We also start at 10am so we can avoid traffic, because no one likes rush hour.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is passionate about combining the art of design with the art of programming. You will be responsible for converting designs and wireframes into static and WordPress websites. You’ll work with our web designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. You will enjoy taking an active role on both sides of development and design, defining how the website looks as well as how it works.
- Turning PSDs and designs into static and WordPress websites
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of designs
- Optimise websites for maximum speed and scalability
- Writing accessible, valid and clean code
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Updating and maintaining existing websites
- Assisting and supporting other developers
- Working closely with current and future clients
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML and CSS
- Fluent grasp of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS
- Good understanding of Gulp/Grunt Node.js based work flow
- Ability to build hand-coded WordPress Themes
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that websites will adhere to them.
Training courses to further skill-sets
10am start (Avoid rush hour)
Discount at the local cafe and shop
Discount at the Internal fitness centre, yoga, pilates and more
Job Type: Full-time
Front-end Development: 3 years
If this sounds like you, then drop us a line, ping us an email, come in for a coffee – send us what you are most proud of!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking for more tips?
Jump on our mailing list & get digital goodness straight to your inbox; including helpful tips, tricks and the latest articles surrounding marketing, web design and branding.Sign up →